- Our mentors and EIRs will work remotely with startups selected for the Accelerator to gauge their current traction and work in tandem to design a plan for growth during the program.
- Startups will be advised on issues they may be facing and will seek counsel on issues ranging from growth metrics to team culture.
- Mentors will ensure analytics and tools are set up for maximum program benefit.
Week 1: Lean Startup & Legal
- The week begins with a welcome night networking event, introducing the startups to the mentors through friendly one-minute elevator pitches.
- Legal experts from 500's extended network will present on everything from "Startup Legal 101" to the basics of fundraising and convertible notes.
- Other sessions on setting goals for the program and preparing for the upcoming sessions on distribution and fundraising.
- Office hours for the startups to discuss and work with the mentors.
Week 2: Growth & Design
- 500 is excited to bring in some of its world-class experts in startup growth and distribution for a week focused on growth hacking.
- Sessions will focus on introduction to marketing techniques used by the 500 distribution team. Email and digital marketing will be discussed in-depth by mentors, as well as sales and scaling, pricing and market positioning, and retargeting/remarketing.
- Office hours will be held for the startups to discuss and work with the mentors.
- Fireside chats and lunch talks with the mentors will be open to the public and happen throughout the week.
- After the startup sprint, we will focus on refining the user interface and user experience, to enhance user satisfaction and produce more efficient user interface design.
Week 3 & 4: THE STARTUP SPRINT!
- These weeks will give the startups in the Montevideo Accelerator a chance to revisit their goals and incorporate what they have learned from the mentors, talks, and their fellow startups and into their companies.
- Each startup will have experiments to implement from the Growth & Distribution sessions and this recess will provide a good opportunity to schedule a variety of tests and their effect on their target market.
- This is also a great time to schedule meetings that may require travel, and the co-working space will remain open for the duration of these two weeks.
Week 5: UX/UI
- Design experts will be leading useful sessions to thoroughly cover user experience and user interface topics.
- These design elements will be used by founders to create real time results.
Week 6: Pitch Prep
- In preparation for demo day on the following week, the startups will be rigorously prepared to pitch to investors.
- Working with some of Silicon Valley's most successful pitch experts, the startups will be trained on delivering concise and appealing pitches to investors.
- This will include sessions on storytelling, intensive pitch prep, and mock investor interviews.
- On November 24 the startups will have a chance to present their companies to investors and guests from 500's network at the Demo Day!
* Schedule will be finalized to best meet the needs of the participants and is subject to change.